Monday, February 1, 2010

Show/Shoe Stopper!

I'm in love. I have just discovered a new shoe designer and I must get my feet into one of his creations...

I was watching the Grammys last night and was blown away by Pink's performance...she looked absolutely lovely. She walks on stage singing her ditty "Glitter in the Air" in this hooded frock. She walks out slowly singing this sweet ballad then stops in the center aisle and slips her silky dress off to reveal a see-through gem studded unitard that leaves little to the imagination- but that's not what really impressed me...as I looked down the outfit I saw these stunning sparkly open toed stilettos that have the most perfectly shaped heal, a sleek strap around the ankle, with jewels that took my breath away! While I was genuinely impressed by her acrobatics and ability to sing while she performed a lovely Cirque du Soleil-esq performance, what I couldn't take my eyes off were her gorgeous shoes! I kept thinking, who designed them, where can I get them....I MUST have them!!!!!

So during my lunch break today I was scouring the Internet reading all kinds of forums and blogs and posts and Twitters and what have yous just to figure out the mystery of her shoe designer! I found millions of posts of "fashion police" types critiquing the clothing of this star and that star but NO ONE was talking about Pink's shoes! I got so desperate I became a Twitter follower of Guiliana Rancic who is an E correspondent and is going to be on the E-Fashion Police with Joan Rivers, and others to dissect the fashion of the stars of the red carpet last night at the Grammys...I begged/tweeted her to please let me know who designed Pink's shoes during her high flying, wet soaking, singing extraordinaire performance!

But I'm super impatient and decided I couldn't wait to find out...I was determined to unravel this mystery that had consumed my thoughts! So I went back to the millions of blogs I checked this morning to see if there were any new posts and there it was...Some wonderful person had discovered a site that actually mentioned the shoes in Pink's act! So dear readers I will share with you that she was wearing Rene' Caovilla....an Italian shoe designer who's shoes can be found at Saks, Neiman Marcus and other such places in the US.

http://www.renecaovilla.com/
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/02/01/in.style.grammys.best.dressed/

If this crazy snow ever stops, I'm planning a shoe hunting day at some boutiques here in Richmond that may carry this talented designers art work...My feet are looking for someone new to stalk...

1 comment:

  1. Ali, you are hilarious. This is one of your best entries yet! I think the shoes are GORGEOUS too, but u forgot to mention, that you can also find this designer at Aishit!! Ha ha ha. (Whether they are genuine or not is another story!!) Keep up the good writing sis!! You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete