Thursday, February 18, 2010

Aching for Warm Shoe Friendly Weather

I've been getting many emails about why I haven't posted an entry in a while...and quite honestly dear readers its b/c I'm bitter about the crappy weather we've been having here on the East Coast! I'm sick of the snow, I'm sick of the cold and I'm sick of wearing my UGGS everyday to stay warm!

I want to wear my brand new Stuart Weitzmans and every time I hear the stupid forecast, I look down at my new shoes, tucked away neatly in their new box waiting for me to take them out on their first adventure...and I have to keep them in there as sad as it is to protect their untainted soles from the nasty, muddy, icy ground...

To make matters worse I'm actually having nightmares about not being able to wear my favorite shoes...Seriously! The other day I was watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" with my niece and nephew and the main character is an inventor and he invents this crazy spray-on shoe that stays on his feet permanently his entire life...they are really ugly and rectangular and like a dingy dark grey/blackish color...So my nightmare is that I have these permanent spray-on shoes and I can't get them off....I wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweats throwing the covers off terrified that this horrible thing has actually happened to me!!!! And when I look down I see my feet, wiggle my toes and am relieved that it was only a dream...But I'm telling you, that's how anxious and upset I've been about this horrible weather...I'm actually in beautiful shoe withdrawal! I'm even starting to feel like a loser prancing around the house in my shoes pretending like I'm going to really be able to wear them out...So while that used to make me happy its only making me feel worse...

The only solace I have is my brand new pedicure....Oh sunshine and warm weather - how I'm missing you...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, after I read this I had to look down to check my feet!

    ReplyDelete