Thursday, August 26, 2010

Friends in Shoe Places

So I've decided I need to either make friends with a super shoe designer or become incredibly famous somehow and create my own line of shoes...

I was watching a very newsworthy current program on TV called the {ahem} Rachel Zoe Project, which is about a celebrity stylist by the name of, you guessed it, Rachel Zoe. When they are not trying to solve world peace and put an end to world hunger, this reality show follows Rachel Zoe as she works her skinny tail off styling the fab celebs of hollywood and beyond for very important events such as the Oscars, Emmys etc...Ok so its not the most riveting, intelligent TV show out there, however, my guilty pleasure with Rachel Zoe is all about the shoes! Rachel Zoe not only wears fabulous shoes she has an amazing selection of fashion forward, iconic, designer shoes she uses to style her fab celebs in as well!

So this last weeks episode was about all the usual styling dilemas etc...but there was also a segment where Brian Atwood, shoe designer extraordinaire, visits Rachel with a "Rachel Inspired" boot...If the term green with envy was a reality then my hair would have been the brightest green this earth has to offer...Never have I been more jealous or envious of another human being in my life. Rachel Zoe gets her very own "design inspired" boot??? Immediately my brain starts racing...#1 How do I become a super star celebrity fashion stylist/icon #2 How do I meet a famous shoe designer #3 How do I get to there from right here on my couch in Richmond, VA...not quite the fashion Mecca of the world...hmmm....#4 How can I get these crazy thoughts out of my head! Ugh...my reality seemed so boring at that moment and it made me sad that I was so jealous of someone I've never even met.

So dear readers my choices are as follows:
-I plea to the networks that they should do a reality TV series on my life as a web marketing guru/shoe lover
-I go off to hollywood or NY, wait tables and audition for every possible role that might make me a celebrity
-I join an existing reality show like the Celebrity Apprentice, Big Brother, the one where they all try to survive on an Island, oh yeah, Survivor, or the Bachelor (which would make my family oh so proud)
-I become my own shoe designer and design custom shoes for myself. Which means I'd have to go back to school, do some kind of apprenticeship? or internship or whatever, find a manufacturer, factory, supplies...etc...then I realized Wow thats a LOT of work...

OR

I'll just stick to my original plan to become rich and famous doing the stuff I already know how to do so I have the money to buy whatever shoe my heart desires....

and if that plan fails, there's always the old 'marry a rich husband' tactic which has obviously worked for so many other young females...Ha!

If there are any famous shoe designers looking to befriend a die hard shoe lover, I'm so your next BFF! Plus I'd be a great shoe model...I'm just saying.....uh.......Call me!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment