Saturday, May 29, 2010

Looking for Inspiration...

It's been a while since I've crushed on a shoe. I've noticed some pretty neat trends with the platforms and the thicker straps but I haven't seen anything in a store that's been "stalker-worthy".

So the other day I went to buy my nightly moisturizer from Kiehls at Saks and I casually glanced over in the shoe department only to notice that they had their summer sales racks up!!!! After buying my beautiful Italian designer shoes I have been holding back the temptation to do any shoe shopping but I was like "what the hell! I'm here I might as well take a little peak."

Believe it or not - I hardly thought it was possible myself - but I was quite dissapointed with not only the sale rack but the entire collection...Whats up with your buyers Saks??? Are you all down in the dumps b/c of the economy??? Has that affected your eye for picking out stellar shoes??? I was expecting to see some of the newer hotter styles I've been seeing on some of my favorite reality stars but instead of falling inlove with a new pair I left with no crush or love interest whatsoever...There is a certain rush of excitement when I see a fabulous pair of designer shoes...There wasn't even 1 pair I felt the desire to try on!

Saddened by the Saks experience I decided I needed a new shoe stalking venue (aside from my online stalking). I learned of a little boutique that sells designer shoes here in the Richmond area and I'm very eager to explore their collection.

But a friendly message to Saks - Your shoe collection sucks - its depressing and I'm sadly dissappointed... You made my Nike flip flops I had on more appealing than the collection of Manolos you had on display - that NEVER happens! Your job is to make me want to throw my flip flops off my feet and dive into a pair of glorious to die for heels and make it my mission for the next few months to own them...and for that, you failed...I left happily with my Nike flip flops, my Kiehls lotion in tow and a happy bank account but no new love interest...

No comments:

Post a Comment